The case manager works closely with our attorneys to help manage the day to day handling of client’s personal injury cases. Our firm is committed to delivering excellent service to each client. We pride ourselves on being empathetic and responsive to each client’s needs. Our goal is to ensure our clients are satisfied and know that their legal team at Horton & Mendez has stood up and helped them through a difficult time.
The Case Manager:
- Closely collaborates with our dedicated attorneys
- Managing a caseload of personal injury cases
- Corresponds regularly through phone, emails and mail with clients, as well as medical providers and insurance carriers
- Verifies the opening of all insurance claims, including liability, UIM and Med Pay
- Is responsible for letters of representation regarding certified insurance policies, declaration pages, and other documents to the insurance company
- Requests and organizes client’s medical records
- Determines when and whether to make health insurance subrogation claims
- Evaluates demand packages and updates them as needed
- Opens any Medicare subrogation claims
- Coordinates with billing analysts to confirm balances and select benefits
The case manager works on a Monday–Friday weekly basis and will receive competitive pay, paid holidays, PTO, and full benefits. As a member of this team, you are an integral part of our fast-growing law firm’s culture, mission and values to best serve our clients and be a bright spot in a dark time of their lives.
Paralegals for Horton & Mendez are the go-getters of our law firm. They get to work very closely with our litigation attorneys assisting with all aspects of ongoing litigation. They will also communicate routinely with clients, opposing counsel, expert witnesses, insurance carriers, and witnesses.
- Manages the daily functions of clients and attorneys through case management system
- Receives and processes medical records and other documents from clients
- Prepare draft pleadings and motions
- Prepare discovery requests and responses
- File complaints and other pleadings with the court
- Prepare materials for depositions, hearings, and trials
- Identifies and completes urgent priorities as needed
- Facilitates electronic filing
- Monitors assigned case dockets
Our paralegals work Monday–Friday each week and have access to a full range of benefits and competitive pay. Your dedication to meeting deadlines and balancing case volume is what drives the success of our fast-growing law firm and its mission to support our clients in their darkest times.
Horton & Mendez Injury Attorneys is looking to hire an associate attorney to work with our senior attorneys on personal injury cases in North Carolina. Our ideal candidate will be ready to assist our senior attorneys closely in pre-litigation and litigation cases. As a detail-oriented and self-motivated professional, you will have the support of our senior attorneys, paralegals, case managers, and other staff around you in matters like communicating with clients and organizing documents. Over time, you will gain responsibility for your own case load.
The associate attorney:
- Interacts frequently with clients
- Speaks with insurance adjusters
- Collaborates with other lawyers and legal assistants
- Maintains a good persona over the telephone and in person
- Performs other duties according to the demands of your cases as needed
Our associate attorneys are generously paid and offered full benefits working Monday–Friday each week. We highly value those who selflessly commit themselves to our clients’ needs and provide staunch, compassionate representation for the injured.
Horton & Mendez Injury Attorneys is hiring an Intake Specialist and Administrative Assistant who will perform executive-level functions for our law firm’s intake department. Our ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter who can efficiently manage the firm’s prospect database and execute our business development policies. Those suitable for this position understand strict confidentiality and are articulate, confident and enthusiastic while interacting daily with prospective clients.
- Interviews and screens potential clients over the phone and occasionally in person
- Discusses firm procedures, answers questions and advises clients on whether their case can be accepted
- Enters client information into our case management system
- Communicates with attorneys and legal assistants about decisions on prospective clients
- Prepares client emails, letters, newsletters and other business communication as needed
Our intake specialist plays a key role in accepting new clients and moving our law firm forward with their good judgment and leadership skills. We offer competitive pay, and a full benefits package, and the work week is Monday–Friday.