Nick is a personal injury lawyer in Wilmington, NC. Nick believes in always keeping his clients one step ahead of the insurance company. Nick is passionate about representing the injured, and he prides himself on being a compassionate, responsive, and zealous advocate. In every personal injury case, Nick’s goal is maximizing his client’s recovery.
Nick used to work for a large multi-state law firm defending major insurance companies and large corporations in personal injury lawsuits. He knows how the system works. This insider knowledge helps him anticipate how the other side will approach a case, and effectively counsel his clients through complex and difficult situations.
During law school, Nick spent part of a summer working for the current Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court. He’s seen the inner workings of the highest level of the NC courts. This perspective helps him see the big picture.
Nick and his wife Caroline reside in Wilmington, NC. Nick is an avid saltwater fisherman, a passion that led him to compete in fishing tournaments throughout the eastern seaboard. When he is not practicing law or fishing, Nick enjoys time spent with his two retrievers, Hudson and Finn, boating, cooking, and traveling with his wife.
Represented many national and specialty insurance groups and companies, small and large businesses including Fortune 500 corporations, municipalities, and public utility companies.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
New Hanover County Bar Association
Selected to the Rising Stars list, published nationwide in Super Lawyers® Magazines, in 2020 for his civil litigation defense work.
Cases or matters referenced are for illustrative purposes only, and do not represent the lawyer’s or law firm’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicted based upon a lawyer’s or law firm’s past results. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Obtained a verdict of no negligence in Bladen County for a public utility client following a multiple week trial in a case where Plaintiff alleged over $600,000.00 in property damages and business losses.
- Represented a plaintiff-corporation in a breach of contract case where a New Hanover County jury awarded nearly all the client’s claimed damages. The client’s litigation costs and attorney fees were also awarded.
- Received a defense verdict of contributory negligence for a client in an automobile negligence case tried before a jury in Beaufort County.
- Defended a case of clear liability in Cumberland County where damages were claimed in excess of $120,000.00; the jury returned a verdict of less than 10% of the claimed damages. The jury’s award was less than the Defendant’s offer of judgment.
- On a Rule 12 Motion to Dismiss, obtained an order dismissing all claims against a local municipality in an action filed in federal court.
- Obtained summary judgment on §1983 claims in favor of a law enforcement officer in federal court.
- Represented a plaintiff-corporation at trial where the court awarded the entirety of plaintiff’s damages resulting from a breach of contract.